REACHING THE LOST, DISCIPLING THE SAINTS, WORSHIPING OUR RISEN LORD
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is located at 2006 Rockford Lane in the South End of Louisville, Ky. We welcome all who seek to join together in corporate worship and learn more about our wonderful Lord. We also encourage those who don’t yet know Him to come and see what this marvelous salvation is all about! Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions at our main number: Ph# (502) 447-2591
Prayer Chapel – Sundays at 9:00am
- Location: The prayer chapel is the small brick building visible from Rockford Lane
- Times: Prayer Chapel is normally open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 11am to 1pm (Sundays 9:00am to 9:30am)
Sunday school at 9:30am *Onsite Sunday School and Worship is scheduled for Sunday, April 25, 2021
- Location: Sunday school classes are located in the main center building accessible from the double glass entrance doors accessible from the East parking lot (the East parking lot is the lot nearest to Dixie Hwy)
- Woman’s class in main hallway to the right
- Men’s class in main hallway to the left
- Pastor’s co-ed class in main hallway immediately to the right just past the foyer
- Young Adult class – coming in Summer of 2021
- Downstairs using the first stairwell to the right from side double glass door entrance in the newly renovated Youth Bible Study room
- Grade school class in main hallway all the way down the hall to the right in the newly renovated children’s Sunday school room and GloryZone Activity room
- Infant/Toddler class in main hallway all the way down the hall to the left
Easter Sunday worship – One service at 10:50am (wheel chair ramp accessible from parking lot)
Announcing Blue Jean Attire: As a means of reaching our community more effectively, we are announcing the Blue Jean Attire initiative. Essentially, we are encouraging our people to adopt an open mind to more casual attire (namely blue jeans, etc.) on Sunday morning’s. During our canvassing in our community we found that many in our community were afraid to attend our worship for fear of “not having the right clothes”. We believe that while our tradition of dress clothes for Sunday was entirely appropriate for the culture of previous years…it is also true that the present culture has adopted a more casual dress attire. Moreover, Jesus accepted people as they were….not who He wished them to be. While we believe the gospel message never changes, traditions and styles of dress can and decidedly must change. With this in mind we will be encouraging the “blue jean” style of attire as an acceptable clothing option. Please note…this does not mean individuals cannot choose to wear dress clothes. In fact, the very idea is to give freedom (within Biblical modesty) to our people in choosing what to wear. We pray this initiative will allow us to reach more people.
*Onsite worship is scheduled for Sunday, April 25, 2021. Masks are recommended. If you forget a mask and wish to wear one we do have fresh ones available in the worship center. Our sanctuary is large enough that we have been able to section the pews to such an extent that distance is easily maintained. If you feel unable to attend the on site worship please feel free to listen to the message found in the sermon tab. Sunday morning’s message from Pastor Ken is usually available by late Sunday afternoon. I pray you are blessed as you seek a better understanding of God’s word.
- Location: The front Worship Center building visible from Rockford Lane (this building has a wheel chair accessible ramp)
- Time? – We generally begin worship at approximately 10:50am and conclude by 11:50 – 11:55am
- Attire? – *See Blue Jean Winter initiative shown above. We have a range of attire from very dressy (Suit & Tie / Dress) to casual (blue jeans, etc.). All are welcome.
- What to bring: We encourage you to bring your bible but if you don’t have one they are available in the seating areas.
- Worship style: Generally a blended style with an equal balance of hymn singing and contemporary songs. We periodically utilize our hymn books but most of our lyrics are provided on the overhead screen. We also worship with periodic choral presentations (Christmas & Easter cantata) provided by our Celebration Choir.
- Childcare provided during worship? – Childcare is provided during our worship times for infant through grade school years
- Preaching: – Pastor Ken’s preaching is typically not restricted to any one style. Most sermons will last from 20 to 30 minutes. You are encouraged to listen to one of the sermons in the Sermon tab.
Wednesday night program – Bible Study: 6:30pm – 7:30)
Wed night Bible study has returned to an onsite study. Starts at 6:30pm (beverages and snacks set out at 6pm for pre-study fellowship time) each Wednesday night with individually wrapped snacks (chips/brownies/cookies) and soda (Coffee also available).
*Note: Potluck fellowship meal will tentatively resume early Fall of 2021 if it is deemed safe. At present, we are providing individually wrapped snacks such as chips and deserts along with beverages such as soda and coffee.
- Location: Fellowship Hall which is located in the rear building we call the “L” Building. The entrance is from the left side of the campus as seen from the road. This building is on the same level as the parking area.
- Attire? – This is a very casual gathering (blue jeans, etc.)
- Membership required? – No membership requirements to attend. All are welcome. Presently we have several attendees whose church doesn’t have a Wednesday night study. We welcome them as they seek more Bible knowledge. Also…..no charge for the snacks and beverages.
- What to bring: As a guest please don’t feel obligated to bring anything other than you. If you prefer to bring something… you might consider bringing a 2 Ltr of your favorite soft drink. That is always a helpful addition.
- Time: Fellowship time begins at 6:00pm – individually wrapped snacks and beverages such as soda/coffee are offered from 6:00 to 6:30 and Bible study begins at 6:30pm. (Pot luck to resume when it is deemed safe. We usually wrap up around 7:30pm.
- Do I need to bring a Bible? – It is certainly helpful but we do provide extra Bibles if you don’t have one. We also provide a comprehensive study guide with the scripture included so you easily follow along.
- How much would I need to know about the Bible? – You can be a beginner or a seasoned veteran. We have a mixture of all levels of biblical training from first time beginner to 50year veterans. Everyone enjoys learning in the casual environment we have. It is a time we all focus on learning more than we knew before.
- Fellowship Hall layout? – The fellowship hall is set up with three rows of tables in a semi-oval setting. This allows us to eat the snack and beverage and then easily transition to the Bible study. The table row setting also allows everyone to look directly at the speaker and take notes on the table in front of them as desired. A flat screen TV directly behind the speaker’s podium is used periodically for videos or extra clarity on a study point.
- Childcare? – Childcare is provided for infant through grade school
Friday morning Weekday Bible study at 10:00am – Will tentatively return in Fall of 2021
- Current Study: TBA in Fall of 2021
- Location: We are presently meeting in the main building (middle entrance from the left side parking lot). Signs are posted to show the way to the room we’re using.
- Attire? – This is also a very casual gathering (blue jeans, etc.)
- Membership required? – No membership requirements for the study. All are welcome. Presently we have several attendees whose church doesn’t have a weekday Bible study. They simply come for additional Bible knowledge.
- What to bring: Yourself, your Bible if you have one, and a friend if you like. We do provide a study guide and a Bible if needed.
- How much would I need to know about the Bible? – As with our Wednesday night program we have a range of knowledge in attendance. All are welcome.
- Childcare? – At present we are not providing childcare for this Bible study but we’ll be happy to provide care with advance notice. Call the church’s main number to schedule care. *No charge for the childcare
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and as such, holds to the complete message found in Holy Scripture. Browse our pages to learn more about us, and if you don’t have a church home, we hope to see you soon!
“Upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will
give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven.”
Matthew 16:18, 19