REACHING THE LOST, DISCIPLING THE SAINTS, WORSHIPING OUR RISEN LORD
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is located at 2006 Rockford Lane in the South End of Louisville, Ky. We welcome all who seek to join together in corporate worship and learn more about our wonderful Lord. We also encourage those who don’t yet know Him to come and see what this marvelous salvation is all about! Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions at our main number: (Ph# (502) 447-2591
Sunday school at 9:30am
Sunday morning worship at 10:50am – 11:50am
- Location: The front Worship Center building visible from Rockford Lane
- Time? – We generally being worship at approximately 10:50am and conclude by 11:50 – 11:55am
- Attire? – We have a range of attire from very dressy (Suit & Tie / Dress) to casual (blue jeans, etc.). All are welcome.
- What to bring: We encourage you to bring your bible but if you don’t have one they are available in the seating areas.
- Worship style: Generally a blended style with an equal balance of hymn singing and contemporary songs. We periodically utilize our hymn books but most of our lyrics are provided on the overhead screen. We also worship with periodic choral presentations (Christmas & Easter cantata) provided by our Celebration Choir.
- Childcare provided during worship? – Childcare is provided during our worship times for infant through grade school years
- Preaching: – Pastor Ken’s preaching is typically not restricted to any one style. Most sermons will last from 15 to 35 minutes. You are encouraged to listen to one of the sermons in the Sermon tab.
Wednesday night program – Pot luck meal/Prayer Time/Bible Study: 6:00pm – 7:30)
- Location: Fellowship Hall which is located in the rear building we call the “L” Building. The entrance is from the left side of the campus as seen from the road.
- Attire? – This is a very casual gathering (blue jeans, etc.)
- Membership required? – No membership requirements for the study. All are welcome. Presently we have several attendees whose church doesn’t have a Wednesday night study.
- What to bring: As a guest please don’t feel obligated to bring anything other than you. If you prefer to bring something just bring a 2 Ltr of your favorite soft drink. That is always a helpful addition to the meal.
- Time: The pot luck meal begins at 6:00pm – some arrive earlier to mingle and enjoy some fellowship time. The prayer & Bible study time begins at 6:30pm – we usually wrap up around 7:30pm.
- Do I need to bring a Bible? – It is certainly helpful but we do provide extra Bibles if you don’t have one. We also provide a study guide each with the scripture included so you easily follow along.
- How much would I need to know about the Bible? – You can be a beginner or a seasoned veteran. We have a mixture of all levels of biblical training from first time beginner to 30 year veterans. Everyone enjoys learning in the casual environment we have. It is a time we all focus on learning more than we knew before.
- Fellowship Hall layout? – The fellowship hall is set up with three rows of tables in a semi-oval setting. This allows us to eat the meal and then easily transition to the Bible study. The table row setting also allows everyone to look directly at the speaker and take notes as desired. We’re planning to begin using the large flat screen directly behind the podium for videos or extra clarity on a study point.
- Childcare? – Childcare is provided
Friday morning Weekday Bible study at 10:00am
- Current Study: We are studying the book of Galatians (study guides are available for previous weeks)
- Location: We are presently meeting in the main building (middle entrance from the left side parking lot). Signs are posted to show the way to the room we’re using.
- Attire? – This is also a very casual gathering (blue jeans, etc.)
- Membership required? – No membership requirements for the study. All are welcome. Presently we have several attendees whose church doesn’t have a weekday Bible study.
- What to bring: Yourself, your Bible if you have one, and a friend if you like. We do provide Bibles and a study guide
- How much would I need to know about the Bible? – As with our Wednesday night program we have a range of knowledge in attendance. All are welcome.
- Childcare? – At present we are not providing childcare but we’ll be happy to make accommodations as needed.
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and as such, holds to the complete message found in Holy Scripture. Browse our pages to learn more about us, and if you don’t have a church home, we hope to see you soon!
“Upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will
give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven.”
Matthew 16:18, 19