REACHING THE LOST, DISCIPLING THE SAINTS, WORSHIPING OUR RISEN LORD
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is located at 2006 Rockford Lane in the South End of Louisville, Ky. We welcome all who seek to join together in corporate worship and learn more about our wonderful Lord. We also encourage those who don’t yet know Him to come and see what this marvelous salvation is all about! Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions at our main number: Ph# (502) 447-2591
Each Thursday (1pm to 2pm)
Ladies Bible Study
- Location: Fellowship Hall
- Time: 1pm – 2pm
- Attire: Casual (Blue Jeans, etc.)
- What to Bring: Yourself (and a friend if you like)
- Childcare: We are happy to provide free childcare with advance notice. Please call the church office to arrange care for your child (ph#502-447-2591)
- Church Membership requirements: None required
- Cost: The Bible study is free of charge
Onsite Sunday school at 9:30am
- Location: Sunday school classes are located in the main center building accessible from the double glass entrance doors. These doors are accessible from the middle of the East parking lot (the East parking lot is the lot nearest to Dixie Hwy)
- Woman’s class in main hallway to the right
- Men’s class immediately to the left inside office area
- Pastor’s adult co-ed class in main hallway 3 doors to the left
- Young Adult class – first door to the right past the side foyer
- Downstairs using the first stairwell to the right in the newly renovated Youth wing
- Children (age 4 through 5th grade) in main hallway all the way down the hall to the right in the newly renovated children’s wing
- Infant/Toddler (age 0 – 3) class in main hallway all the way down the hall to the left
Onsite Sunday worship – 10:50am in the Worship Center
- Sunday morning Question/Answer:
- Location: The front Worship Center building visible from Rockford Lane (this building has a chairlift available from the middle double wood doors from the East parking lot)
- Time? – We generally begin worship at approximately 10:50am and conclude by 11:50 – 11:55am.
- Attire? – We have a range of attire from casual (blue jeans, etc.) to a few that are dressy…..most are dressed casually in blue jeans and the like. All are welcome.
- What to bring: We encourage you to bring your bible but if you don’t have one they are available in the seating areas.
- Worship style: Generally a blended style with a range of worship including hymn singing and contemporary songs.
- Childcare provided during worship? – Childcare is provided during our worship times for infant through children in grade school years. The older children are in the worship service during the singing time so they can participate in corporate worship. The children leave to the children’s extended care just prior to the morning message.
- Preaching: – Pastor Ken’s preaching is typically not restricted to any one style. Most sermons will last from 25 to 35 minutes. You are encouraged to listen to one of the sermons in the Sermon tab.
Onsite Wednesday night program – Fellowship Meal 6:00 – 6:30, Bible Study: 6:30pm – 7:30)
- Location: Fellowship Hall which is located in the rear building we call the “L” Building. The entrance is from the left side of the campus as seen from the road. This building is on the same level as the parking area.
- Attire? – This is a very casual gathering (blue jeans, etc.)
- Fellowship Meal – We are now providing a free fellowship meal starting at 6:00pm. As stated, there is no charge for the meal. The cost is covered fully by the church. Our Fellowship Hall is set up with three semi-circle rows so that we can eat at the same tables where we have our Bible study. The Bible study then begins at 6:30pm.
- Membership required? – No membership requirements to attend. All are welcome. Presently we have several attendees whose church doesn’t have a Wednesday night study. We welcome them as they seek more Bible knowledge.
- What to bring: A Bible is helpful but we do provide a comprehensive Study Guide so you can follow along.
- Time: Fellowship meal begins at 6:00pm – a free nourishing meal is provided each week and beverages such as soda/coffee are available. The Bible study begins at 6:30pm. We usually wrap up the evening around 7:30pm.
- Do I need to bring a Bible? – It is certainly helpful but we do provide extra Bibles if you don’t have one. We also provide a comprehensive study guide with the scripture included so you easily follow along.
- How much would I need to know about the Bible? – You can be a beginner or a seasoned veteran. We have a mixture of all levels of biblical training from first time beginner to 50year veterans. Everyone enjoys learning in the casual environment we have. It is a time we all focus on learning more than we knew before.
- Fellowship Hall layout? – The fellowship hall is set up with three rows of tables in a semi-oval setting. This allows us to eat the meal and then easily transition to the Bible study. The table row setting also allows everyone to look directly at the speaker and take notes on the table in front of them as desired. A flat screen TV directly behind the speaker’s podium is used periodically for videos or extra clarity on a study point.
- Childcare? – Childcare is provided for infant through grade school
- Youth? – The teenagers depart to the Youth wing for their program immediately after the meal (approximately 6:30pm)
Thursday Ladies Bible Study
- Current Study: Holy Spirit
- When: Thursdays from 1pm to 2pm
- Location: Fellowship Hall
- Attire? – This is also a very casual gathering (blue jeans, etc.)
- Membership required? – No membership requirements for the study. All are welcome. We welcome those whose church perhaps doesn’t have a Ladies Bible study.
- What to bring: Yourself, your Bible if you have one, and a friend if you like. We do provide the Study Material and a Bible if needed.
- How much would I need to know about the Bible? – As with our Wednesday night program we have a range of knowledge in attendance. All ladies are welcome.
- Childcare? – We’ll be happy to provide care with advance notice. Call the church’s main number to schedule care. *No charge for the childcare
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and as such, holds to the complete message found in Holy Scripture. Browse our pages to learn more about us, and if you don’t have a church home, we hope to see you soon!
“Upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will
give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven.”
Matthew 16:18, 19