REACHING THE LOST, DISCIPLING THE SAINTS, WORSHIPING OUR RISEN LORD
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is located at 2006 Rockford Lane in the South End of Louisville, Ky. We welcome all who seek to join together in corporate worship and learn more about our wonderful Lord. We also encourage those who don’t yet know Him to come and see what this marvelous salvation is all about!
Sunday school at 9:30am
Sunday morning worship at 10:50am
Wednesday night – Pot luck meal/Prayer Time/Bible Study: 6:00pm
***Current Study – Biblical Family Values***
February 7th – Introduction to Biblical Family Values study
February 14th – Valentine Banquet (Families invited to celebrate our long-term marriages)
February 21st – Special night for church planning / Prayer Walk
February 28th – What God’s word says about Husbands
March 7th – What God’s word says about Wives
March 14th – What God’s word says about parenting our children/grandchildren
March 21st – What God’s word says about siblings (our brothers and sisters)
March 28th – What God’s word says about Relatives
April 4th – What God’s word says to the American Family
- Questions you might have about our Wednesday night gathering:
- What do I wear?
- Most of our folks wear casual styles (blue jeans, etc.)
- Do I need to bring food?
- As a guest please don’t feel obligated to bring anything other than you. If you prefer to bring something just bring a 2 Ltr of your favorite soft drink. That is always a helpful addition to the meal.
- What time should I arrive?
- The pot luck meal begins at 6:00pm – some arrive earlier to mingle and enjoy some fellowship time
- The Prayer & Bible study time begins at 6:30pm – we usually wrap up around 7:30pm
- Do I need to bring a Bible?
- It is certainly helpful but we do provide extra Bibles if you don’t have one. We also provide a comprehensive study guide each week with the scripture included so you can follow along.
- How much would I need to know about the Bible?
- You can be a beginner or a seasoned veteran. We have a mixture of all levels of biblical training from first time beginner to 30 year veterans. Everyone enjoys learning in the casual environment we have. It is a time we each simply focus on learning more than we knew before.
- What do I wear?
We enjoy a wonderful time with a casual environment in the Fellowship Hall. The Fellowship Hall is in our very back building (we call the L Building). We spend the time Wednesday night eating, studying, praying, sharing, and caring. Come in blue jeans or your Sunday best……(most are in blue jeans or the like and all are welcome). Join us for an evening of fellowship as we seek out God’s truths as found in His word. Our teens eat supper with us and then leave to another part of the building for their own program. For those of you interested in the Adult Bible study, we are working through a study on Biblical Family values. We’ll cover many of the questions you may have concerning God’s will for us in our married life, what to do when marriages fail, and how we raise children. We don’t come into this study as experts, we simply use God’s word to provide valuable insights. Join us as we learn together.
Rockford Lane Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and as such, holds to the complete message found in Holy Scripture. Browse our pages to learn more about us, and if you don’t have a church home, we hope to see you soon!
“Upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will
give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven.”
Matthew 16:18, 19